In Other News…Weekly Internet Marketing Recap – 5/15/2011 to 5/20/2011
Here are a few articles that sparked interest in the Internet marketing community over the last week.
- Why Quality Is So Important To Search Engines – a breakdown of why search engine results quality is so important.
- Panda Hits UK – a short article about the results of the Google Panda update rolling over to the United Kingdom.
- Proper Use of Robots File – A quick study on the effectiveness of the robots.txt file and knowing what to block when utilizing it.
- Paid Link Rules That Cannot Be Enforced – An interesting look at paid links.
Seems there were a slew of anti-Google articles written in the last week or so. Mostly retaliation on the Panda update and how some sites were wrongly penalized even though they followed Google’s guidelines of "original content". This is related to AdWords so now this issue is seeping into the realm of PPC as well.
Other PPC related articles.
- Google Analytics Adds Multi-Channel Funnels – Update on Google Analytics
- PPC Workflow With Excel – Streamlining PPC workflow using Microsoft Excel.
- iPad Plant Explodes – An iPad plant in China explodes.
- Likes Are Not Loves – Rant and tips on effective and non-effective uses of Facebook marketing.
- Terrible Tweets – types of tweets to avoid when trying to use Twitter for marketing.
- Could Microsoft Skype Merger Mean End of Carriers? – Interesting insight into the potential ramifications of the Microsoft acquisition of Skype.
- 3 Tweaks To Double Blog Traffic – Simple but effective methods to help increase your blog traffic.
- Social Media Resumes – Great social media resumes.
Matt Cutts Video on the use of rel=canonical tag versus when to use 301 redirects.