In Other News…Weekly Internet Marketing Recap – 5/31/2011 to 6/03/2011
Here are a few articles that sparked interest in the Internet marketing community over the last week.
- Google +1 Button – Google has officially implemented their "+1" button in efforts to integrate social networking with rankings – another indication of the increasing importance of social media factors.
- Matt Cutts Debunking Flowchart – One user’s quest to build a flowchart when he finds a discrepency in what Google’s web guru Matt Cutts states in his blog or live chats.
- Schema.org – Structured Data For SEO – It appears that the 3 "big boys" of the search engine world, Google, Yahoo, and Bing, have come together and unified a method of standard search language. More directly from Google here.
- Google To Fight Suit Over Mobile Wallet – Mobile wallet? Other big-name companies have stated that Google "stole" this technology from them. Google is fighting back.
- Zanran – Statistical and Graphical Search Engine – Interesting new search engine that hones in on statistical and graphical data. Check out Zanran’s site here.
- Search Results Place URL Above Snippet – SERPs may have a new look. How will this affect the likelihood of a click?
- 5 Website Tips To Decrease User Frustration – A nice look at the usability of a site which is an important factor to keep users engaged.
- Twitter Follow Button – The new differences between "likes" and "follows" acccording to Twitter.
- YouTube New Strategy: Create a Network of Networks – This is mostly opinion, but is an interesting look at the direction of YouTube.
- Social Media Helps Catch A Thief – Online crime stoppers!
- Microsoft Wants To App Your Site! – Software giant Microsoft bought some domains that are a clue as to their new projects to "app" your site.