Main Path Marketing is looking for a full-time Content Strategist to work under our Team Lead – Content & Email Marketing.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong skills as an editor, researcher, and writer with a willingness to refine a project until it’s ready
- Know how to get into the minds of an audience and produce content that will resonate
- Understand what types of content and in what combination are best used to achieve client goals
- Know how to oversee a project from start to finish, delegating where appropriate
- Understand how digital publications and media work, and where content marketing fits into the bigger picture
- Be committed to delighting clients and coworkers by going above and beyond in producing high-quality work with attention to detail
This is a great opportunity to get in with a company that is in a significant growth phase. This is an in-house, full-time position in Sorrento Valley. This position is for a content marketer/journalist/editor with 4-5 years of experience.
- Build and manage content strategies for clients in a variety of industries
- Communicate with clients in-person, over email, and on the phone to communicate goals, strategy, and results
- Complete discovery processes for clients and identify potential opportunities for growth and improved performance
- Edit text-based content such as blog articles, editorials, whitepapers, e-books, press releases, emails, and more to fit multiple style guides, formatting guidelines, and client voices
- Edit visual content such as infographics, interactive infographics, quizzes, and animated videos
- Provide design direction to graphic designers as needed
- Research relevant best practices and new opportunities for content marketing strategies
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, or related field
- 4-5 years of editorial, content, or digital marketing experience preferred
- Impeccable writing and editing skills — outstanding command of the English language
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and time management skills
- Deadline oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
Nice to have:
- SEO knowledge/experience
- Understanding of digital and content marketing, and how they work together
- Agency experience
- Experience managing a blog/publication or team of writers
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Flexible Fridays (work from home)
Quarterly team building activities
Quarterly volunteer events – give back to our community!
Snacks and Drinks
New, modern office with 30 ft ceilings
Opportunity to work with a team of amazing, driven marketing professionals!
Please submit 2-3 writing samples with your application.
Founded in 2007, Main Path Marketing is a leading digital marketing agency that provides enterprise level marketing solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Main Path Marketing employs experts in many of the most highly sought-after digital marketing specializations including SEO, SEM, content marketing, social media, email marketing and more. This allows clients to leverage the skills of a full digital marketing team of experts to achieve their marketing goals.
Main Path Marketing is committed to building an environment inclusive for people of all backgrounds. Main Path Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.